May 28. “Button, what does the word ‘pun’ mean?”
“I think it means playing with words.”
“You’re right. Here are some you might enjoy:
1. A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
2. Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
3. When two egotists meet, it’s an I for an I.
4. A bicycle can’t stand on its own because it is two tired.
5. What’s the definition of a will? (It’s a dead give away.)
6. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
7. With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
8. Every calendar’s days are numbered.
9. A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
10. He had a photographic memory that was never developed.
11. Once you’ve seen one shopping center, you’ve seen a mall.
12. Acupuncture is a jab well done.”
“Very nice. Who sent them?”