Flash Post 191!
Button, just read a very interesting piece about bats in the March/April issue of Dogs and More. Here’s a photograph. Cute, na?
Cute! From which angle is he cute? I would say he’s scary.
Now I’ll tell you some interesting facts about bats:
1. Fear of bats is called chiroptophobia and only 0.001% suffer from it. You could be one.
2. Bats are creatures of the night which means they fly in groups foraging for food and, since like most animals they cannot see at night, they usually fly inside caves without crashing into objects by the help of echolocation which means that they make a lot of noise which bounces off objects in the cave thus preventing them from banging into them.
3. Bats are known for their appetite. The Malayan Flying Fox eats half its body weight in one day while the brown bat can eat up to 1000 small insects in one hour.
4. Bats dine on insects and fruit.
5. Bats make up a fifth of the mammal population on earth and can make any place their home as long as they have a place to roost and forage.
Bus karo. That’s enough bat information for one day.
By the way, doesn’t he look a lot like an upside-down Mowgli?